- Appointments missed or cancelled less than 24 hours in advance will be assessed a minimum fee of $25.00.
- Cell phone use while in the office is prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited in the office.
- Checks returned for insufficient funds will be assessed a $35.00 return check fee.
- Patients must present all insurance cards upon every visit to our office. Patients who do not have their insurance card(s) may be asked to sign a waiver and may be required to pay in full at the time services are rendered.
- Patients who are more than 10 minutes late for their scheduled appointment may be asked to reschedule.
- If your insurance requires a referral to be seen by a specialist, the referral must be in our office prior to your appointment or you will be asked to sign a waiver and will be required to pay in full at the time services are rendered.
- If it has been more than 1 year since your last visit, or if it is your first visit of a new year, you will be asked to complete a new patient registration sheet. This sheet must be updated each year.
- A new medical history sheet must be completed every two years. Any changes in your medical history or medications should be reported to us as soon as possible so that we may record them in your medical record.
Please contact your pharmacy regarding all prescription refills. They will then contact us for approval and/or authorization. Prescription refill and authorization requests require at least 72 hours notice for processing.
Please direct all billing and insurance questions to our insurance coordinator at extension 205 or office manager at extension 206.
Over the Counter Items
Over-the-counter items sold in our office are not filed with insurance and must be paid for in full in addition to any co-pays, coinsurance or deductibles. Items such as creams, lotions, gels, etc. are non-refundable. Please ask for samples of these items (if available) if you would prefer to try them first before buying. Items such as Spenco insoles, Jobst products, or other packaged items are non-returnable unless the item is defective or damaged. The item must be returned within 15 days, in its original packaging, and must not show signs of wear. An exchange of the item will be provided.
Payment of all co-pays, coinsurance, deductibles and non-covered items is required at the time services are rendered. We accept cash, checks, money orders, debit cards, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover. Travelers checks are not accepted.
Payment plans are available on an individual basis. Please contact the office manager for details.
All medical records are the property of Piedmont Foot & Ankle Clinic. Patients who would like their records transferred to another physician's office need to sign a release form. There is no charge to transfer records to another physician or hospital. Radiology films are not included and must be requested by the other physician's office. Patients who would like a copy of their records provided to them must do so in writing and must present photo identification when picking up the records. There is a fee for the release of records directly to the patient or patient representative. Patients who would like copies of radiology films are required to pay for them in advance at $5.00 per film. All requests for medical records require a minimum of five (5) days notice to process. Please contact the office manager for more information. If you want someone other than yourself to have access to your medical records and/or to make appointments for you, you must designate the person(s) by name as indicated on the back of the patient registration form.
Piedmont Foot & Ankle Clinic currently participates in the Medicare Therapeutic Diabetic Shoe program. Please call our office for more details.
We also provide diagnostic ultrasound, custom-made foot orthotics, electrical stimulation, Doppler/vascular evaluations and standard x-rays. We do our own fungal (KOH) studies with results in less than 48 hours in most cases.
We see and treat patients of all ages. We treat conditions/problems of the foot and ankle that include, but are not limited to the following: heel/foot pain, fungal infections, bunions, hammertoes, cysts, spurs, neuromas, corns, callouses, warts, ulcers, fractures/sprains, ingrown nails, deformities of the toe/foot, flat feet and fallen arches. We also provide routine nail trimmings when requested. Also, our physicians are experts in the area of diabetic foot care.
Our office is stocked with most of the equipment needed to care for these types of conditions, such as air casts, boots, surgical shoes, ankle supports, splints, etc.
Our physicians are board certified in foot and ankle surgery and are members of the APMA (American Podiatric Medical Association), AAPPM (American Association of Podiatric Practice Management) and the ABPS (American Board of Podiatric Surgery). Our physicians have privileges at WakeMed Cary Hospital, Rex Hospital, Blue Ridge Surgery Center Betsy Johnson Regional Hospital, and Central Carolina Hospital.
We participate with most insurance plans--please see our Insurance Participation Listing for more information.
» Back to Top